Register

DesignCAD 2D 2020 and DesignCAD 3D Max 2020 now available for sale!
https://www.turbocad.com/designcad/ OR
https://www.imsidesign.com/products/designcad

Improve 'Arrow' and 'Pointmark' tools
Read 171 times
* May 08, 2020, 07:43:38 AM
I've got 3 requests to improve arrows.
I've asked for this before but can we please have a 'same'as' option in the arrow command.
Currently if I open a file and want to add text and arrows I can use the same-as button to make sure my text matches but i need to double-click an existing arrow to view its properties, then open the arrow window and change the properties manually. If the drawing has several types of arrow I have to go through that drama every time I add a new arrow of a different style.
I know it's possible - the same-as finger changes the arrows embedded in dimensions when it is used!
Another very useful addition would be if I can preset the layer that arrows are drawn on in the same way as I do for text and dimensions.
The reality is that my arrows are almost always drawn in conjunction with text and I'd like them to be on the same layer (and the same colour). I never remember to change layer before drawing arrows and It's a pain to have to go afterwards and select all the arrows and change their colour and layer.
I'd really like to be able to design my own arrows in the same way I can create my own line styles.

My list of improvements for pointmarks is very similar...
We already have a 'same-as' finger for pointmarks so nothing to fix there, but that just tells me it must be possible for arrows!
Same as for arrows, I'd like to be able to assign a layer for pointmarks to be drawn on.
It'd be useful to be able to design my own pointmarks too. Specifically I'd like the cross hairs in a circle to be rotated 45 degrees. That way they won't disappear into the line that I set them on.

Adrian

May 08, 2020, 10:08:01 AM
These all appear to be very useful and do-able suggestions.

User since Pro-design

* May 08, 2020, 10:56:32 AM
I hope the programmers think so too!
One anomaly I encountered when I was checking how to save arrows to a layer is that in the text dropdown menu the two options for 'pullout' and 'balloon' both get drawn in my dedicated dimension layer automatically - even though they don't dimension anything and are located in the text sub-menu.
Would have thought they should be saving to text...