Register

DesignCAD 2D 2020 and DesignCAD 3D Max 2020 now available for sale!
https://www.turbocad.com/designcad/ OR
https://www.imsidesign.com/products/designcad

Custom hotkeys still work in the newer versions of DesignCad
Read 41 times
* July 29, 2020, 11:24:19 AM
I am a  long time user of DesignCad v14. I chatted with someone on their page and they couldn't tell me if DC 2d 2020 still allows setting custom hotkeys. Anyone know if this is still a feature. I assume so but thought I would check here before purchasing. I would also like to know which versions you prefer, is the latest version the one to get? I have used a few different versions at work, but they all fell short of version 14! I can't even remember when I bought v14, but it was a heck of a long time ago. Since Windows 10 refuses to install this old version, even though I could still run it within a VM, I'd like to support this company because I really like the software.

Thanks,

* July 29, 2020, 12:04:33 PM
The newerst reference manual google could find is version 20, and it shows on page 32 that hotkeys were still allowed. So I'm guessing this is still a feature.

July 29, 2020, 03:04:26 PM
Absolutely, hotkeys can be customised as ever.

One of the GREAT things about Designcad is that very few features have ever been lost, and if they are, we start a small virtual riot here on the forum to get them back.  :)

You will hopefully be amazed how new features have been blended into the structure that existed in V14.   One thing is dimension formatting might be a bit of an issue from V14 drawings imported to V20.   Before you buy, do download a free trial version and test it with some of your existing work, if this is important to you.

User since Pro-design

* July 29, 2020, 06:53:42 PM
Yes, custom hotkeys still work, the hotkey file you save in V14 can be loaded into the latest version to save re-setting everything.

I too stuck with V14 for a long time - I skipped V15, which was a mistake. Everyone here agreed that was the best version of it's generation.
Of the recent releases, the latest one (DCad 2020, or version 29) is the most reliable I think, be sure to download the update patch and install that too if the release date is not 22nd May. (The first release was a disaster)

Adrian

* July 30, 2020, 05:34:11 AM
Appreciate the feedback.

* July 30, 2020, 01:28:26 PM
Well, I purchased it! Too bad I can't test it out since they didn't send the serial number with the confirmation email. The same thing happened to my boss when he bought his version. The support staff must be very understaffed.  :(

July 30, 2020, 02:12:26 PM
Try signing up for a free trial, you may get activation for that quicker...

The installer is identical, so no need to download again

User since Pro-design